Course outline: Economics for Managers (MIM) 2019/20
- Evans, Anthony J., 2014, “Markets for Managers: A Managerial Economics Primer“, (Wiley Finance)
- I also recommend the following :
Problem set: download here.
1. Consumer behaviour and basic review
1b. Course Introduction & Administration
2. Cost functions and price discovery
2b. Comparative Statics +
3. Asymmetric information
3a. Adverse selection +
Akerlof, G.A., (1970) “The Market for ‘Lemons’: Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism”. Quarterly Journal of Economics 84(3):488–500 (£)
4. Strategic behaviour
4b. Oligopolistic competition +
5. REVIEW SESSION ON MICRO PROBLEM SET
6. National income accounting
7. Monetary policy
8. Fiscal policy
9. International economics
9a. Foreign exchange +
Evans, A.J., “Josko Joras (A)”, December 2012
Instructions: Complete questions 1, 2 and 3
9b. Dynamic AD-AS recap +
10. REVIEW SESSION ON MACRO PROBLEM SET
Sessions marked with an asterix (*) have a lecture handout available in advance.
Readings marked with a (£) sign means that you may need library access.
A + sign provides a link to a page of additional resources.