I am an academic economist based in the UK, and have been at ESCP Business School since 2006. I teach across a range of postgraduate programmes, and in custom executive education. My research is focused on monetary economics and post Soviet transition. I support Everton and coach youth soccer.
- 2020: I published a new edition of my managerial economics textbook, “Economics: A Complete Guide for Business” and a new case: Fanelli’s Pizza.
- 2019: My paper on the natural rate of interest was accepted to the 45th annual conference of the Eastern Economic Association, New York. I also collected the ESCP Europe Teaching Award at our Full Faculty Meeting in Berlin.
- 2018: I spoke at the Better Regulation conference, in Geneva, and attended the CABS and HEA annual conferences.
- My financial crisis role-playing game is now live – here is the official website! The original article is here, and here’s the Business Insider coverage.
- My managerial economics primer – “Markets for Managers” – is available via Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk. Please consider buying it and leaving a review.
Anthony J. Evans is professor of economics at ESCP Business School. He has published in a range of academic and trade journals and is the author of Economics: A complete guide for business (2020). His work has been covered by most broadsheet newspapers, and he has appeared on Newsnight and the BBC World Service. He is part of the MOC Affiliate Faculty for the Institute for Strategy and Competitiveness at Harvard Business School, and is a member of the Institute of Economic Affairs’ Shadow Monetary Policy Committee.
He specialises in teaching Managerial Economics at the MBA and Executive MBA level. Using a combination of lectures, case discussion and practical simulations he has introduced over 2,000 current and future managers to the economic way of thinking. He has taught for ESCP Business School, emlyon Business School, Cotrugli Business School, Danube University, and Helsinki School of Economics, as well as designing and managing custom programmes. He is currently Head of Teaching and Learning for the London campus of ESCP Business School, where he received the 2018 Teaching award.
Anthony attended in the Global Colloquium for Participant-Centred Learning at Harvard Business School in 2009 and spent Fall 2011 as a Fulbright Scholar-in-Residence at San Jose State University. He received his MA and PhD in Economics from George Mason University, USA, and a BA (Hons) from the University of Liverpool, UK.
He is an FA licensed soccer coach and lives in Hertfordshire with his wife and two children.
- Download: my vitae.
- Director of Kaleidic Economics.
- Member of the IEA’s Shadow Monetary Policy Committee.
- I have contributed to The Guardian and Reuters and used to write a weekly column for City AM.
- I am on hiatus from The Filter^.
Name Anthony J. Evans
Born 1981, Yorkshire
Education 1999: BA, University of Liverpool; 2007: PhD, George Mason University
Career 2017-present: Professor of Economics at ESCP Europe (2010-2017 Associate Professor; 2007-2010 Assistant Professor; 2006-2007 Affiliate Lecturer)
Books Economics: A Complete Guide for Business (2020), Getting the Measure of Money (2018), The Neoliberal Revolution in Eastern Europe (2009)
Phone: +44 (0) 7866 473577
Postal address: ESCP Business School, 527 Finchley Road, London, NW3 7BG
- I’m not important or significant enough to have my own Wikipedia page, but I am important enough to have my own Wikipedia page explaining why I’m not important enough to have a Wikipedia page.
- I have appeared in a Shakespeare play on the London stage.
- I have followed in the footsteps of John Lennon.
- I was Time “Person of the Year” 2006.
My reading lists:
|For a complete list of posts on this website, see here.|