Here’s a list of some websites/apps that I recommend:
- sli.do – very useful for quick feedback, generated wordclouds, and doesn’t require students to log in
- Socrative – a nice way to present quizzes and measure student performance. Can be teacher paced so that you ensure all students have answered before moving on to the next question
- Kahoot! – a fun quiz template
- Typeform – a way to generate longer forms that are tailored to student responses
Qualtrics and Survey Monkey are great for running a survey, and purport to allow you to create a quiz, but in my experience lack the functionality required to be used in a classroom setting. I am very keen to find an intuitive quiz builder that allows students to see their score, and allows instructors to batch grade open ended questions and then export the results. So far it seems that Google Forms (here’s an example) are the best option.
Here’s a list of some resources that have been recommended to me, but I don’t currently use:
- Narpod– allows interaction and student participation
- Mentimeter— presentation software to encourage fun workshops
I’m also keen for simple software that allows a presentation recording, webcam footage, and note space. In other words I want to know what these guys use. I’ve been told that the following do it, but I’m yet to convince myself that they’re simple enough for me to use.