A 2-3 day course that leads participants through the 7 key stages of finding a solution using practical examples and plenty of team work.
Problem Solving and Decision Making is an intensive managerial programme that has proven successful in improving efficiency, performance and productivity. The course aims to provide practical skills and a management mindset rather than simply transfer knowledge. Participants are taken through the full problem-solving and decision-making cycle: from breaking down the issue, to prioritising and writing the action plan. They also practice communicating their proposal, an important and often overlooked aspect of the decision-making process. The course focuses mostly on experiential, proactive and practical learning: participants engage in individual and team problem-solving and decision-making, and receive constructive feedback to build on personal strengths and address limitations.
- Fanelli’s Pizza, May 2020
- An instructor pack containing the Handouts, Org Chart, Layout and Template spreadsheet is available on request. Download the Menu here.
- The Deck (programme dependent)
- The Notes
- The Worksheets
- Presentation Skills
For more on the Pyramid Principle:
- “The Pyramid Principle” by Ameet Ranadive, June 2013
- Minto, Barbara (2008) The Pyramid Principle: Logic in Writing and Thinking, FT Prentice Hall
For more content:
- Are You Trying to Solve the Wrong Problem? by Peter Bregman, Harvard Business Review, December 2015