About this website
- This website started as “The Gold Hat” in around 1999, using Geocities, but I changed the name to “The Krupnik Parlour” soon after (here’s a screenshot).
- I switched to googlepages in May 2006 (and it looked pretty good).
- When this was transferred to google sites, in July 2009, I set up a free account with Weebly and registered the domain “anthonyjevans.com”.
- In May 2010 I opened a WordPress.org account and transferred my server to (mt) media temple. In May 2014 I switched themes from Carrington to Twenty Twelve.
- In January 2020 I switched themes to ….
- Why Futura.
Blogs I edit
“Strategies emerge for coping. There are many, but in essence they all boil down to two: filter and search” Gleick, 2011, p.409
The Filter^ was created in a Birkenhead chippy, in January 2004. Stephen Lai and Anthony Evans were both recent graduates from the University of Liverpool, and wanted to present interesting and accessible academic ideas to a wider audience. You can find a selection of my best posts here.
Created in July 2004, The Filter^ REVIEW is an online assembly of cultural essays. Encompassing opera, music, theatre, and architecture our range of reviewers provide honest and independent assessments of live events. Our motivation is enthusiasm, and providing our share of the social contract between audience and stage.
My theatre reviews are available here.